Last modified: 2010-09-25 by ivan sache
Keywords: euroflag | eurpavillon |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The French flag manufacturer Doublet offers for sale two versions of the Europavillon ("Euroflag"), made of the European Union flag charged with the flags of the members' states surrounding the ring of stars.
Model "A", used for instance in Wimereux (north of France), has the stars surrounded by concentric ring of national flags:
- first circle around the stars, clockwise from top: Greece, Belgium, Estonia, Malta, The Netherlands, Slovakia, Ireland, Sweden, Luxembourg, Lituania, Spain (plain), France;
- second circle around the stars; left, from top to bottom: Austria, Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovenia, Hungary; right, from top to bottom: Denmark, Finland, Latvia, United Kingdom, Italy;
- third circle (partial) around the stars; left, from top to bottom: Germany, Cyprus, Poland.
Model "B" has the national flags placed in a rectangular pattern along the borders of the flag:
- upper border, from left to right: Germany, Austria, Estonia, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus, Denmark;
- right border, from top to bottom: Greece, Lituania, Latvia, Portugal, Finland;
- lower border, from right to left: Sweden, Slovakia, Poland, France, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Italy, The Netherlands;
- left border, from bottom to top: Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Belgium, Hungary, Spain (plain).
The notice claims "The 27 countries of Europe on a single flag", but the flags of Bulgaria and Romania are not shown on the flag yet - or the images provided are outdated.
Ivan Sache, 26 July 2010