Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Valdemorillo (Municipality, Community of Madrid, Spain)

Last modified: 2016-05-23 by ivan sache
Keywords: valdemorillo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag]

Flag of Valdemorillo - Image by Ivan Sache, 31 July 2015


See also:


Presentation of Valdemorillo

The municipality of Valdemorillo (12,058 inhabitants in 2014; 9,368 ha; municipal website) is located in the west of the Community of Madrid, 40 km of Madrid.

Valdemorillo was established in the 7th century by a group of Christians who erected a church in Mozarabic style, of which a wall is still visible in the northern facade of the parish church. After the Christian reconquest in the 11th century, a knight Morillo settled the place, which was soon known as Val de Moriello. Other sources say that the primitive settlement was established near the Valmayor chapel and subsequently transferred to its present site.
Little is known on Valdemorillo in the 15th and 16th centuries since the local archives were burned down. Valdemorillo, located 15 km of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, was a convenient place for the vigil that preceded funerals in the royal monastery. The remains of Charles V and his relatives were therefore honoured in Valdemorillo on the night of 2 to 3 February 1574. The Moroccan prince Muley Xeque Xarife stayed in Valdemorillo, where he was prepared to his christening as Philip of Africa.
Philip II granted the status of villa to Valdemorillo, which was actually ratified only in 1628 by Philip IV.

Valdemorillo was once famous for its quarries, whose stones were used to erect the St. Francis the Great church in Madrid and the castle of Villaviciosa de Odón. Kaolin mines were exploited in the beginning of the 20th century; the Juan Falcó factory produced highly prized earthenware, until destroyed in 1936 during the battle of Brunete.

The Flag Dance (Baile de la Bandera) is celebrated every year on Corpus Christi in a festival organized by the Hermandad de La Esclavitud del Santísimo Sacramento, a brotherhood established in 1662. The flag used during the festival is made of red, green, gray and yellow squares.

Ivan Sache, 31 July 2015


Symbols of Valdemorillo

The flag of Valdemorillo is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 3 June 1999 by the Government of the Community of Madrid and published on 25 June 1999 in the official gazette of the Community of Madrid, No. 149, p. 33 (text), and on 14 August 1999 in the official Spanish gazette, No. 194, p. 30,321 (text).
The flag is described as follows:

Flag: In proportions 2:3. Blue (international system CMYK: Cyan 90, Magenta 15, Yellow 0, Black 0). Charged with a white rhomb with the points distant from the respective flag's edge of 1/10 of the respective dimension of the flag. In the center is placed the crowned coat of arms of the municipality.

The coat of arms of Valdemorillo is prescribed by Decree No. 193, adopted on 30 January 1969 by the Spanish Government and published on 18 February 1969 in the Spanish official gazette, No. 42, p. 2,480 (text).
The coat of arms, which was validated by the Royal Academy of History, is described as follows:

Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Or a strawberry tree vert fructed gules on a base vert, 2. Azure a round tower argent masoned and port and windows sable surrounded by seven stars argent placed 1, 3 and 3. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown.

The strawberry tree (madroño) is the symbol of Madrid.
The seven stars represent the seven chapels once found on the municipal territory, dedicated to St. John, St. Ann, the Holy Trinity, St. Lucy, the Christ of St. Andrew, the Christ of the Blood and Our Lady of the Peace.
The tower represents the defence tower that was erected in the 12th century close the Mozarabic church. The tower was converted in the 14th century into a church tower, while the church was rebuilt in 1601 by Bartolomé Elorriaga, a student of Juan de Herrera.
[Municipal website]

Ivan Sache, 31 July 2015


Former flag of Valdemorillo

[Flag]

Former flag of Valdemorillo - Image by Ivan Sache, 31 July 2015

The former flag of Valdemorillo was prescribed by a Decree adopted on 13 February 1997 by the Government of the Community of Madrid and published on 12 March 1997 in the official gazette of the Community of Madrid, No. 60, p. 34 (text), and on 28 March 1997 in the official Spanish gazette, No. 75, p. 10,198 (text).
The flag is described as follows:

Flag: Proportions 2:3. Red panel, like the flag of the Community of Madrid. In the center is placed the municipal coat of arms.

The Royal Academy of History validated the proposed flag "without any difficulty".
[Boletín de la Real Academia de la Historia, 2001, 198:3, 568]

Ivan Sache, 31 July 2015


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Flagge United States Coast Guard
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Palau Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Stockflaggen Libanon
 (45 x 30 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Autoflaggen Tschechische Republik - 2 Stück Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge Herzlichen Glückwunsch
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop