Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Senftenberg City [Sorbian: Zły Komorow] (Germany)

Stadt Senftenberg, Landkreis Oberspreewald-Lausitz, Brandenburg

Last modified: 2019-11-17 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: senftenberg | quartered | hammer and mallet | flag(red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Senftenberg city flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2005 See also:

Senftenberg City [Sorbian: Zły Komorow]

Senftenberg Flag

It is a plain white flag with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2005

Senftenberg Banner

[Senftenberg city  banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2005

It is a plain white flag with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2005

Senftenberg Coat of Arms

[Senftenberg city CoA] image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2005

Shield quartered, above right Argent hammer and mallet Sable, above left and beneath right Gules plain, beneath left Argent a flag Gules.
Meaning:
Senftenberg is county seat of Oberspreewald-Lausitz county. Probably at the end of the 12th century the Lords of Senftenberg built a German castle as their family seat. The namesake city was finished in 1279. Castle and city became dominions of the Electorate of Saxony in 1448. Early seals from the beginning of the 14th century displayed two shrubs of charlock mustard (Latin: Sinapis arvensis) on a mountain as canting example, as the name of the city means "mustrad mountain". Arms from the 15th century displayed in a golden field a red tower with the Bohemian lion in its open port, on its top is a flag with the crossed swords of the Saxon Electorate. Between 1642 and 1945 the arms displayed only flag and swords. The city is well known as a centre of coal mining (brown coal, lignit) in Lusatia, symbolised by hammer and mallet in the current arms.
Source: Bensing et alii 1984, p.424 and city website
Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2005 and Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Nov 2019

Flag and banner were approved on 10 Dec 2003. The arms were confirmed on 26 March 1947 by the county administration of former Calau County and again on 10 Dec 2003.
Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2005


back to Oberspreewald-Lausitz cities and municipalities click here


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne Kongo, Republik
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Mali Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Stockflaggen Portugal
 (45 x 30 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Brandenburg Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Westsahara
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop