Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bergedorf District of Hamburg (Germany)

Bezirk Bergedorf, Hamburg

Last modified: 2022-03-19 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: bergedorf | ochsenwerder | vierlande | church | oaks(3) | triplemount |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Bergedorf district flag (Hamburg, Germany)] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Mar 2022 See also:

Bergedorf District

Bergedorf current Flag

The flag is green-white with centred arms.
Source: I spotted this flag on 12 March 2022 in front of the district's register office, the former town hall.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Mar 2022

Bergedorf Coat of Arms

Shield Argent, on the peaks of a triplemount issuant Vert three oaks of the same with acorns Or.
Meaning:
The first city seal of Bergedorf, probably made around 1400, already displayed three trees on the peaks of a triplemount. The trees were considered to be oaks, as oaks had been the oldest trees in the area. According to J.F. Vogt (1885) the first seal was granted on 1 March 1275 by Duke Johann I of Sachsen-Lauenburg on occasion of the grant of city rights, or by his son Duke Johann II in 1305. The latter established the Bergedorf-Mölln branch of the duchy. In 1885 the city council adopted a new seal, on which the trunks of the oaks were covered by one escutcheon in bend each. The shields displayed the arms of the Dukes of Sachsen-Lauenburg, the Hamburg city arms and a shield parted per pale, displaying half of the city arms of Lübeck and Hamburg as a symbol of the condominion. The Duke of Lauenburg, being a robber knight, was defeated by the joint forces of both Hanseatic cities in 1420 and Bergedorf was captured. The city since then was ruled alternately either by Lübeck or Hamburg, the rule changed every 4th year, later every 6th year. Since 1620 the deputy of the ruling city was appointed for life. In 1867 the city of Hamburg gained complete control by purchasing the rights of the city of Lübeck. Bergedorf had arms between 1927 and 1937, when it became a part of Hamburg. Those arms also displayed the oaks with triplemount, but with black trunks and only a few green oak leaves on every tree and without escutcheons. The current version was probably introduced in 2005 on behalf of the local Bürgerverein, some kind of a social club, but without approval.
this webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Mar 2022

Bergedorf former municipal Flag (1927 - 1937)

[Former Municipality of Bergedorf (1927 - 1937] 3:5 image by Rob Raeside, 5 July 2001

Bergedorf is a district of Hamburg. It belonged completely to Hamburg since 1867, becoming part of this city in 1937. The flag of the former city of Bergedorf was green over white.
Pascal Vagnat, 5 July 2001


Ochsenwerder Parish

Ochsenwerder Parish Flag

[Ochsenwerder Parish (Bergedorf District, Hamburg, Germany)] image by Pascal Gross, 21 Jan2002

Ochsenwerder is a southeastern suburb of Hamburg along the Elbe river. Its name translates as "Oxholm". a horizontal bicolour white over red, with in the centre the (oxen-less) Coat of Arms.
Jarig Bakker, 10 Mar 2005

Ochsenwerder Coat of Arms

Shield parted per fess; above parted per pale, at dexter Gules a castle Argent, at sinister Argent three trees proper on the peaks of a triplemount Ver;, beneath Argent, issuant from base five stripes blue-white-green-white-blue, over all a church Gules with spire Vert.
Meaning:
The arms display the arms of Hamburg (castle) above right and of Bergedorf (trees and triplemount) above left. The church in base is a representation of the local parish church, the narrower white stripes are representing the dykes, the blue stripes the canals and arms of Elbe River, the green stripe the reclaimed land.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Apr 2020


Vierlande Joint Parishes

Since 1556 the common denomination of Vierlande was established for the joint parishes of Altengamme (old island,first mentioned in 1188), Neuengamme (new island), Kirchwerder (both first mentioned in 1212) and Curslack (first mentioned in 1217).
Since the 12th century the region belonged to the Dukes of Sachsen-Lauenburg.The so called "four lands" should have been actually denoted as four joint parishes. In the 13th century Danish settlers began to reclaim new soil by dyking and draining the swamps at the Lower Elbe. On account of lack of money the Dukes of Lüneburg, successors of the Saxonian dukes, had to give in mortgage the four parishes to the Hanseatic Cities of Hamburg and Lübeck. In 1401 the dukes tried to regain control over the region without paying their debts. They were however defeated by the cities in 1420. In virtue of the treaty of Perleburg both cities erected a condomiom (Samtherrschaft) over the parishes and the castle of Riepenburg of the dukes. In 1868 Hamburg gained the only control over the parishes by paying a fee to Lübeck. Within the parish of Kirchwerder there existed Saxonian enclaves later part of Lüneburg, afterwards Hannoverian and finally Prussian, which joined Hamburg in 1937 due to Greater-Hamburg-Law (Groß-Hamburg Gesetz).
The inhabitants since the times of the Saxonian dukes always had been free farmers owning a little factor of land. In the beginning the main crops had been barley and hops in order to supply the breweries of nearby Hamburg. Due to new technics (special windmills) there had been made great progress in draining at the end of the 16th century. Together with new streets to nearby Hamburg a boom took place. Since then the farmers extended their range of items, selling now mainly flowers, vegetables and exotic fruit to the citizens of Hamburg.
Sources this webpageand the article within German WIKIPEDIA

Vierlande Flag

[Vierlande Joint Parishes (Bergedorf District, Hamburg, Germany)] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Nov 2011

It is a white over red horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: I spotted this flag on 19 July 2009 in Hamburg

Vierlande Coat of Arms

Shield iquarterly divided fimbriated black outwards and golden (=yellow) inwards; 1st quarter Gules three 6-point stars Or (=yellow) ordered 2:1; 2nd quarter Azure three 6-point stars Or (=yellow) in bend; 3rd quarter Azure fish Argent: 4th quarter Gules fleur-de-lis Argent in bend.
Meaning:
These are the arms of the so called "four lands", combining the arms of former parishes, ordered by quarter Curslack, Altengamme, Kirchwerder and Neuengamme. The fish in the quarter of Kirchwerder already appeared in the arms of the Ribe family. This is known since 1296, when one of the members, Hermann von Ribe being in service of the Dukes of Lüneburg, erected the castle of Riepenburg at the mouth of small River Ilmenau between two of her arms on the southern bank of River Elbe.
Source: information given by Hermann Struß, chairman of the local culture club De Latuecht (=the lantern) -Vierländer Kultur- Und Heimatverein von 1987
For further information click: here
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Nov 2011


back to index of all Hamburg pages click here.


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Flagge von Niederschlesien
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Schweden Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge des Kanton Jura Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Irak
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge I love Bremen
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop