
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2017-12-30 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: walldorf(baden) | base(green) | oak |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Dec 2017
See also:
It is a red-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: here
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Dec 2017
Shield Gules with base Vert, on base an oak Argent.
Meaning:
Walldorf had been a dominion of the Palatine Counts of Rhine from 1230 until 1802/1803. Since then it belonged to the Margraviate of Baden. Walldorf was first mentioned in 770, and the name is derived from "village in the wood". The oak tree can be found on the lintel of the Upper City Gate, finished in 1533. It is also displayed on local court seals in different versions with prints since 1579. The municipality adopted arms in 1900 and they were in use since 1901, when Walldorf gained city rights. They displayed an oak shrub with acorns on a triplemount. The current arms were fixed in 1967. Walldorf is the birth place of Johann Jacob Astor (1763 - 1848), founder of the Waldorf Astoria hotel company.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Dec 2017
back to Rhein-Neckar cities and municipalities click here
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: