
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2019-01-14 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: pfalzgrafenweiler | boesingen | axes(2) | coronet | tower | fir trees(2) | hill |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jan 2019
See also:
It is a yellow-red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: here
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jan 2019
Shield Gules, two axes Or in saltire, in chief a coronet Or.
Meaning:
The name of the municipality means: "hamlet of the palatine counts". The Palatine Counts of Tübingen owned the village and the castle above. Both had been acquired by the Counts of Eberstein and finally in 1421 by Württemberg. The axes are symbolising forestry in the local state forest around the village. The coronet is alluding to the palatine counts, so do the tinctures. The pattern is known from local seals since 1835. The coronet had been either in or above the shield.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jan 2019
Banner and arms probably never had been approved officially.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jan 2019
image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Oct 2013
It is a red - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Oct 2013
On the base of a golden (= yellow) shield is a green hill with two fir trees of the same colour, which are flanking a red tower.
Meaning:
In 1363 the Counts of Hohenberg sold the village to the Margraves of Württemberg. Bösingen became part of the Freudenstadt County (Oberamt) in 1938 and was incorporated into the municipality of Pfalzgrafenweiler in 1975. The tower is the only remaining part of Mandelburg Castle, which had been burned down during a peasants' insurrection in 1525.
Source: municipal webpage
The coat of arms was adopted in 1930.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Oct 2013
back to Freudenstadt cities and municipalities click here
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: