Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (S) - Part 2

Last modified: 2021-01-16 by rob raeside
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



  • Part 1 (Sacrado - San Andrés)
  • Part 3 (San José - San Lorenzo)
  • Part 4 (San Luis - San Pablo)
  • Part 5 (San Patricio - San Vicente)
  • Part 6 (Santa Ana - Santa Lucia)
  • Part 7 (Santa Maria - Santa Teresita)
  • Part 8 (Santiago - Sarid)
  • Part 9 (Sebastian - Sinai)
  • Part 10 (Sincerin - Susana)

See also:


San Bartolomé, Institucion Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014

Institucion Educativa San Bartolomé (INESAB) was established on 28 October 1965 in Córdoba (Nariño Department) by the parish priest Remigio Nicolás Narváez Benavides. Classes started on 25 December 1965.
The flag of the institute is white with the institute's emblem in the middle. White is a symbol of purity and rectitude.
The emblem of the institute is made of three concentric circles. The central circle features a torch pointing to the north. As a guide and source of light, the torch is a symbol of truth, liberty and personal education guided by perseverance, audacity and adventure. The torch is supported by the Bible, a symbol of the search for truth. The middle circle is charged with a cross symbolizing struggle, force, and spiritual triumph. Light emerges from the cross of Christ, as the eternal light of transcendence, resurrection, and redemption. The external circle is charged with the writing "HOC SIGNO VINCIS" (should be "IN HOC SIGNO VINCES" / In This Sign You Will Conquer) and "STO VIR" (Should be "ESTO VIR" / "Be a Man"), which form the essence of the institute's philosophy. Red is a symbol of love, courage, and spiritual highness. Yellow is a symbol of light and knowledge.
Source: http://iesanbartolome2012.blogspot.fr/2012/11/quienes-somos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014


San Bartolomé, Institución Educativa Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 07 July 2011

"Institución Educativa Colegio San Bartolomé" is located in San José de Cúcuta (Cúcuta Department).
The flag of the institute, as shown on the institute's blog, is horizontally divided blue-white-red.
Source: http://colsanbartolome.blogspot.com/2009/08/escudo-del-colegio.html
Ivan Sache, 07 July 2011


San Benito, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 3 January 2021

Colegio San Benito was established in borough San Benito, La Candelaria, Medellín, by Resolution No. 14,311 issued on 24 December 2014.

The flag of Colegio San Benito is horizontally divided white-blue-yellow-green.
White is an achromatic color, of maximum brightness and null darkness. It symbolizes light, kindness, innocence, purity and peace. White is considered as the color of perfection, also meaning security, purity, faith and limpidity.
Blue is a symbol of deepness, coldness, stability, seriousness, confidence, faith and eternity. It is called the color of all colors, especially for tranquility and calm it conveys. In contrast with yellow, blue supplies freshness.
Yellow is connected with two transcendent elements, the sun, source of life, and gold. It is considered as the symbol of wealth. It symbolizes intelligence, energy and felicity. Associated with the sun, yellow conveys a sense of energy and glee. The emotional effects of yellow are optimist and bright. Combined with green, yellow suggests natural freshness; combined with blue, it creates a sense of limpidity while combination with white slightly attenuates its brightness.
Green, evokes the natural environment and symbolizes harmony, growth, fertility and freshness. Emotionally, green symbolizes security. In heraldry, it represents belief and hope. Olive green is connected with peace, via the olive branch.

http://sanbenito.edu.co
School website
Ivan Sache
, 3 January 2021


San Benito de Tibatí, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 26 July 2014

Colegio San Benito de Tibatí was established in Bogotá by the Order of Saint Benedict (Benedictines). On 6 August 1960, Luis Concha Córdoba, Archbishop of Bogotá, welcomed four monks - Lawrence Wagner, Frederic Mundt, Anselm Ruelle and Adrian Mundt - from the abbey of the Assumption, Richardton, North Dakota (US). They were invited by the archbishop to contribute to the improvement of Catholic education in Bogotá. The four monks established Colegio San Carlos, where classes started in February 1961. On 15 September 1963, the foundation of the priorate of Tibatí was approved. The priorate was named for a Chibcha word meaning "Joy of the Lord". In February 1969, the priorate was allowed to teach novices. Under the guidance of Father Valeriano Oldermann, the monks of Tibatí purchased the plots surrounding Colegio San Carlos and established Colegio San Benito de Tibatí. Classes started on 12 February 1979.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-dark blue. Yellow is a symbol of valour and spiritual force, of equity and  felicity, and of joy and common life in harmony. Blue is a symbol of academic skills, magnanimity, and truth.
Source: http://www.csbt.edu.co/Simbolos_Institucionales_CSBT.php - Institute's website
Ivan Sache
, 26 July 2014


San Bonifacio, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 3 January 2021

Colegio San Bonifacio was established on 10 March 1981 in Bogotá by Ligia Celmira Abril and Luis Alfredo Torres.

The flag of Colegio San Bonifacio is horizontally divided white-green with the school's emblem in the center.

Photos
https://colegiosanbonifacio.edu.co/uncategorized/posesion-personero-2020
Ivan Sache, 3 January 2021


San Buenaventura, Universidad de

image by Ivan Sache, 6 February 2010

Flag of Universidad de San Buenaventura is based on <www.usb.edu.co>.
Dov Gutterman, 3 June 2001

The flag is horizontally divided orange-black. The website says that orange stands for youth, creativeness and intelligence, and black for sobriety, rigour and academic excellence.
Ivan Sache, 3 June 2001

Colegio de San Buenaventura was founded at the end of the 17th century in Santa Fé de Bogotá by the Franciscan Order; on 5 November 1861, Tomás Cipriano de Mosquera ordered the suppression of all the religious communities from the national territory and closed the old college. Universidad de San Buenaventura (USB) was refounded on 14 June 1961 in Bogotá (main seat), sections being subsequently founded in Medellín (1966), Cali (1970) and Cartagena (1994).
Source: USB website.
Photos of the flag: Bogotá - USB main seat, Medellín section, Cartagena section (Album "Auditorio", picture #10 and last).
The university's website shows a drawing of the flag charged with the university's seal in the middle, which is not supported either by the description of the flag or photographical evidence.
Ivan Sache, 6 February 2010


San Carlos, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 12 December 2020

Colegio San Carlos was established in San Gil (Santander) by Municipal Agreement No. 25 issued on 27 August 2002, succeeding Colegio Seminario San Carlos, which had been established in 1972 following a convention signed by the Colombian Government and the Colombian Episcopal Conference. The old Seminario Menor Conciliar San Carlos Borromeo of the Diocese of Socorro and San Gil had been established by Resolution No. 5,977 issued on 11 December 1958.

http://colsancarlossangil.edu.co/
School website

The flag of Colegio San Carlos is horizontally divided blue-yellow-blue-white-blue-yellow-blue (1:1:1:3:1:1:1), with the scroll's emblem in the center.

http://colsancarlossangil.edu.co/index.php/page/item/31
School website

The Spanish motto reads "Compromiso Infinito", "Infinite Compromise".
Ivan Sache, 12 December 2020


San Carlos, Gimnasio Moderno

image by Ivan Sache, 1 January 2021

Gimnasio Moderno San Carlos is located in Mosquera (Cundinamarca).

The flag of Gimnasio Moderno San Carlos is horizontally divided white-red.
White represent the children's purity, tolerance and virtues.
Cherry red represents the institute's love, force and commitment to quality to reach excellence.

https://www.gimnasiomodernosancarlos.edu.co/representacion
School website
Ivan Sache, 1 January 2021


San Carlos, Liceo

image by Ivan Sache, 04 August 2014

Liceo San Carlos is located in Cajica (Cundinamarca Department).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-green.
Source: http://liceosancarlos.edu.co/emblemas.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 04 August 2014


San Cristóbal, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014

Institución Educativa San Cristóbal was established in April 1966 in Medellín (Antioquia Department).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided red-green with the institute's emblem in the middle. Red is a symbol of love, optimism, cooperation, and harmony. Green is a symbol of faith, projection, hope, admiration, and love for the natural environment.
The emblem of the institute shows on a white background a book symbolizing science and aspiration to learn. The cover of the book is diagonally divided into two parts coloured like the flag. The book supports a torch hold by two hands, meaning union, integration, fraternity, and aspiration to surpassing. Beneath the books is the writing "CIENCIA Y DEMOCRACIA" (Science and Democracy) in bold black letters, surmounting the writing "ECOLOGÍA - ÉTICA - TRABAJO" (Ecology - Ethics - Work) forming an arch. The whole is inscribed in a green ring. The outer border of the emblem, limited by a red ring, is inscribed on top with the institute's name, "I.E. SAN CRISTÓBAL" and on bottom with "LIDERANDO PROCESOS DE CRECIMENTO HUMANO" (Leading the Processes of Human Growth).
Source: http://www.iesancristobal.edu.co/index2.php?id=4151&idmenutipo=734&tag= - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014


San Diego, Colegio Campestre

image by Ivan Sache, 16 December 2008

"Colegio Campestre San Diego" was founded in Chia on 12 February 1994, succeeding the "Liceo San Diego" of Bogotá.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the institute's website, is dark red with two right-angle triangles placed along the hoist and a blue Greek letter "alpha" near the hoist. The triangles form a wide perspective on which is projected the "alpha" symbol.
The colours suggest that the power of love (red wine red) and the depth of life, shown in the sky and the sea (blue), converge at the infinite and feed the permanent retroalimentation of hope and empathy with the natural environment (green).
Ivan Sache, 16 December 2008


San Felipe Neri, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 30 September 2018

Colegio San Felipe Neri was established in 1965 in borough Alcazares (Bogotá) by the Congregation of the Oratory of Saint Philip Neri and approved by Ministerial Resolution No. 13,510, adopted on 28 July 1982. St. Philip Neri (1515-1595; canonized in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV) had the Oratory recognized by the Holy See in 1575.

The flag of Colegio San Felipe Neri is white with a blue triangle placed along the fly and the school's emblem in the center. Blue represents the celestial highness and the devotion of St. Philip Neri to the Blessed Virgin. White represents the Roman Catholic Church and purity.

The emblem of the school represents the three virtues exercised in the institute: Study (ink pot and quill), Prayer (cross), and Joy (sheet music).
Study: Education to life, liberty, critical thought, creativity and Christian life.
Prayer: Connection with God, translated into respect for the family, solidarity, responsibility and political awareness.
Joy: Vivid satisfaction, pleasure, happiness.
http://www.sanfelipeneribogota.edu.co/micolegio.php?sec=2
School website
Ivan Sache, 30 September 2018


San Fernando, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 6 March 2017

Institución Educativa San Fernando is based in Amagá, Antioquia Department.
The symbols of the institute are described in the Preamble of the institute's Constitution, as follows:
The symbols of the institute were registered on 9 September 1966, as No. 16, by the Chronicler of Arms Hernán Escobar Escobar [indeed a local historian and heraldist, designer of the coat of arms of Itagüí and La Estrella]

The flag is described as follows:
1. Shape and dimensions
The colours are based on those used in the official coat of arms
A. Colours
1. White
2. Red
3. Golden yellow.
B. Distribution: Two horizontal stripes fully equal in height :
1. Upper stripe: Divided, the first third, white, charged with the coat of arms, and the other two-thirds, red
2. Lower stripe: Golden yellow

2. Symbolic of the colours of the institute
1. White: Purity, integrity, obedience, firmness, vigilance, eloquence.
2. Red: Valour (audacity, intrepidity), strength, triumph, highness.
3. Yellow: Nobleness, magnanimity, wealth, power, light, constancy, wisdom, force, faith.

The coat of arms is explained as follows:
1. Bordure: A symbol of valour
2. Division: [The written description does not make sense, referring to three quarters while the shield is divided in four quarters]
3. Chief: [The written description does not make sense, either; referring to "the chief, covering the upper third of the shield"]
4. Letters ab-yz [in the first quarter, on a blue background, "ab" in chief dexter and "yz" in base sinister] : The source of knowledge,
also a tribute to the Spanish language used at the institute
5. Formula of relativity E=mc^2 [in the second quarter, on a yellow background, centered]: Expression of modern science, representing the excellence of education at the institute.
6. Coal [in the third quarter, black on a yellow background]: Representing the mineral resources of the region where the institute is established, also a symbol of fire, heath, spiritual and cultural light transmitted from generation to generation.
7. A branch of coffee [in the fourth quarter, proper on a blue background): the base of the national wealth, abundant in the region.
8. Royal crown [above the shield]: A tribute to King St. Ferdinand of Bourbon [rather King of Castile Ferdinand III the Saint], patron saint of the municipality and the institute's namesake.
http://master2000.net/recursos/menu/488/3787/mper_arch_33161_MANUAL%20CONVIVENCIA%202016-2019.pdf - Institute's Constitution
Ivan Sache, 6 March 2017


San Francisco de Asís, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 12 December 2020

Colegio San Francisco de Asís was established in Barrio Nuevo, El Playón (Santander) on 17 February 1998 by Mayor Ramiro Alarcón Caicedo as a secondary seat of Colegio Camilo Torres. The school became independent on 16 March 2003, encompassing a central seat and 12 rural seats.
http://colfrasis.edu.co/
School website

The flag of Colegio San Francisco de Asís, designed in 2004 by Antonio María Villamizar Contreras, is horizontally divided green-yellow, with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the school's coat of arms.

Green is a symbol of natural resources projected in ideals of democracy and liberty.
Yellow is a symbol of the resources of knowledge, science, values, culture, uses and customs that integrally educate students.
The white triangle is a symbol of peace, purity, honesty, knowledge, solidarity, innocence and nobleness, which are part of the children's essence, expressed in their acts, student's life, and in society.

The coat of arms of Colegio San Francisco de Asís, designed in 2004 by Elquín Fernando Esteban Acosta and Carlos Julián Díaz Jaimes, features in the center a water drop, recalling the water resources of the municipality, which is among the main water producers at the departmental and national scales.
The lateral parts feature the flags of Santander and El Playón, highlighting love for the motherland.
The dove and the laurel branch emphasize the great diversity of fauna and flora, which need to be protected.
In the lower part are featured a biretta and the Olympic rings, the first emphasizing student's triumph in their achievements, the latter representing their commitment to sport and health.
In the upper part appears a scroll inscribed "FORMADORES DEL FUTURO" [Educators of the Future], the school's motto, completed by the words "VIRTUD" Virtue], "SABIDURIA" [Knowledge], "ESPERANZA" [Hope], and "INTEGRACION" [Integration].

http://colfrasis.edu.co/
School website
Ivan Sache, 12 December 2020


San Francisco de Asís, Colegio Mayor

image by Ivan Sache, 22 August 2017

Colegio Mayor San Francisco de Asís (CMSA) was established in 2000 in borough Ciudad Jardín, Cali (Valle del Cauca). Founded by Sandra Patricia Sadovnik as Colegio Infantil San Francisco de Asís, the institute was renamed as Colegio Mayor San Francisco de Asís in 2006.
http://cmsa.edu.co - CMSA website

The flag of CMSA is horizontally divided blue-red-blue, the blue stripes being thinner and separated from the rd stripe by thin yellow stripes. The institute's coat of arms is placed in the center of the flag.

The colors are those of the national flag. The coat of arms features the silhouette of St. Francis of Assisi, representing the spiritual, human and Christian education provided to the students. The bald eagle represents the vision, valor and power that guide the institute in its search for excellence.
http://cmsa.edu.co/horizonte - CSMA website
Ivan Sache, 22 August 2017


San Francisco de Asís, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 19 January 2016

Institución Educativa San Francisco de Asís (IESFA) was established in Puerto Asis by Agreement No. 13 of 27 April 1995, as Instituto Técnico Industrial San Francisco de Asís. The institute is named for St. Francis of Assisi (1181/82-1226, canonized on 16 July 1228 by Pope Gregory IX).

The flag of IESFA is horizontally divided purple red-white-gray. The upper stripe is a symbol of fire in every student's heart. The white stripe is a symbol of purity and innocence. The gray stripe is a symbol of technical and industrial skills taught at IESFA.
Source: Institute's website

image by Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017

The music band of IEFSA uses a triangular pennant at the institute's colours, arranged in a triangular pattern. (Photo)
Ivan Sache, 19 January 2016


San Francisco de Asís, Institución Educativa, Tuquerres

image by Ivan Sache, 2 December 2018

Institución Educativa San Francisco de Asis is located in Tuquerres (Nariño Department).

The flag of IE San Francisco de Asis is horizontally divided brown-white-green.
https://sites.google.com/site/iesfatq/himno

Ivan Sache, 2 December 2018


San Francisco de Asís, Real Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 9 November 2010

The St. Francis of Assisi Royal College was founded in 1662, as part of the Popayán Seminary, founded by the Jesuit father Francisco Fuentes, the Dean Francisco Vélez de Zúñiga and the Bishop of Popayán Francisco de la Serna y Rimaga Salazar, and officially approved on 4 October 1643 by King of Spain Philip IV. After the expelling of the Jesuits by Charles III in 1767, the institute was managed for a few years by the Dominicans, the Jesuits being reinstated in 1783 and expelled again in 1850 by General Tomás Cipriano de Mosquera's government. In 1869, the Bishop Carlos Bermúdez decided to reorganize the Seminary and obtained from Pope Pius IX its allocation to the Lazarists. On 2 February 1881, Fathers Gustavo Foing and Juan Bautista Rieux arrived in Popayán; the Lazarists would manage the Seminary until 1942, when the Seminary and the College were separated. The college was renamed Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Pilar, eventually closed in 1953. In April 1963, the St. Francis of Assisi Royal College was restored by the Association of the Ex-Alumni of the college, that granted its management to the (Lazarist) Congregation of the Mission.
The flag of Real Colegio San Francisco de Asís, as shown on the institute's website, is horizontally divided white-red. White represents purity, dignity, justice, zeal, truth, perseverance, gratitude, kindness, good faith, joy and peace. Found in the highest points of the natural environment, on top of the mountains and in the clouds, it symbolizes high aspirations and noble ideas. Red is the color of sacrifice, blood and life, heroism, patriotism and courage.
The flag should be used in all ceremonies held in the institute, together with the national, departmental (Cauca) and municipal (Popayán) flags, and placed on the honor place, left.
Source: http://www.sanfranciscodeasispopayan.edu.co/op2/bandera.htm
Ivan Sache, 9 November 2010


San Francisco de Tuluá, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 30 June 2014

Colegio San Francisco was established on 5 October 1935 in Tuluá (Valle Department) by the Franciscan Fathers, as Escuela San Francisco de Asís. Centro Comercial de Educación Media San Antonio de Padua was established on the same site on 22 September 1935.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-yellow-blue. Blue is a symbol of heavens. Yellow is a symbol of spirituality.
Source: http://www.colegiosanfranciscotulua.edu.co/simbolos.html
Ivan Sache, 30 June 2014


San Francisco "El Paki", Institución Educativa Indígena

image by Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014

Institución Educativa Indígena San Francisco "El Paki" was established in 1962 by Medardo Canole Chima, a political leader of the time, in the village of San Francisco. Destroyed by a blaze in 1990, the school was rebuilt in the indigenous community of El Paki, part of the municipality of Sampués (Sucre Department).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-green, with a green letter "S" in the upper hoist and a yellow letter "F" in the lower fly.The yellow stripe is a symbol of the resources of the community. The green stripe is a symbol of the fertility of the soil.
Source: http://www.ineisa.edu.co/seccion.asp?idseccion=2&idsubseccion=7 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014


San Francisco I La Casona, Institución Educativo Distrital

"Institución Educativo Distrital San Francisco I La Casona" was founded 36 years ago in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute, according to a photo available on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-yellow-green (1:2:1) with the emblem of the institute in the middle.
The emblem of the institute was designed by Ferney Peña in 2005.
Ivan Sache, 27 January 2009


San Francisco, Institución Educativa Departamental

image by Ivan Sache, 22 September 2014

Institución Educativa Departamental San Francisco is located in the village of San Francisco, part of the municipality of Junín (Cundinamarca Department). San Francisco had its first school established in 1910, in a informal manner. Escuela El Pino was built in 1922; another school for boys was built in 1933. Escuela de Buenos Aires and Escuela de Santa Rosa were established in 1960 and 1966, respectively. Colegio Basico de San Francisco was established by Resolution No. 742 of 19 August 1999. Institución Educativa Departamental San Francisco was eventually established by Resolution No. 4,451 of 19 October 2005.
The flag of the institute is divided red-blue by a thin white saltire. Red represents our own blood and our working and valiant people. Blue represents heavens and hope.
Source: http://www.actiweb.es/inedesanfra/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 22 September 2014


San Gerardo Maria Mayela, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017

Institución Educativa San Gerardo María Mayela is located in Norcasia (Caldas).
The institute is named for St. Gerard Majella (1726-1755, canonized on 11 December 1904 by Pope Pius X), member of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (Redemptorists).
Source:: Biography, The Catholic Encyclopedia

The flag of I.E. San Gerardo Maria Mayela is horizontally divided green-red.
Source: Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017


San Isidro, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 19 July 2014

Institución Educativa San Isidro was established in El Espinal (Tolima Department) by the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian School (Lasallians). The Lasallians settled in El Espinal on 7 January 1918; Escuela Superior de Artes was inaugurated on 4 February 1918. The institute was transformed in 1924 into Colegio San Isidro, named for St. Isidore of Seville (560/570-636).

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-red.
http://edufanny.wordpress.com/ - Institute's blog
image by Ivan Sache, 19 July 2014


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne Dänemark
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Aufnäher Flagge Norwegen
 in Wappenform (6,2 x 7,3 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Marokko Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Belgien
 (90 x 60 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Sao Tome und Principe Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop