
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2023-02-25 by martin karner
Keywords: steckborn | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image
by Pascal Gross
In blue, a yellow ring with two crossed yellow sticks.
The flag/coat of arms is canting with the sticks (in German: Stecken).
It probably combines an older city coat of arms (ring) with a variant of the Labhart family coat of
arms (sticks).
The older city coat of arms in the form of a golden ring appears in the glass painting from 1543 in the
Stein am Rhein town hall; later it appears on the Feldbach bell from about 1683–1687. The ring may
have been taken from the coat of arms of the Landenberg or the Knöringer and could be connected with the
transition of the city rule from Reichenau to the Bishopric of Constance in 1540. The municipal coats of
arms of the neighboring town of Berlingen and
Allensbach have similar forms.
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: