
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2023-02-25 by martin karner
Keywords: pfyn | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image
by Pascal Gross
In red, three left-turned yellow arrows with white tips and fletching.
In 1941 the flag/coat of arms, which had been in use until then, was redrawn and the three arrows
turned to the left.
As with the Pfynwald (Pfyn forest) in Valais, the name goes back to the Roman ad fines
("on the border", meaning between the provinces of Raetia and Gaul). Finds from around 4000 to 3500 BC
gave this period the name Pfyn culture. Pfyn is one of the oldest settlements in Eastern Switzerland.
Since the Gallo-Romans, some of whom had already become Christians in the 3rd century, came together in the
Roman fort, Pfyn also had one of the first churches in Thurgau.
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: