Last modified: 2023-09-02 by martin karner
Keywords: ingenbohl | ship |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Divided by red with a white cross, and by blue with a white sailboat.
The cross stands for the women's monastery in Ingenbohl, the boat for the fraction of Brunnen, which is on the Lake Lucerne (Vierwaldstättersee) and had an important role for the traffic to and from the Gotthard Pass. For about 650 years the national and international traffic of goods and passengers that crossed the Gotthard Pass had to be reloaded on ships between Brunnen SZ and Flüelen UR, because the banks of the Urnersee (That's how this part of Lake Lucerne is called too) were too steep to build a road. Not before 1865 a road could be carved into the rocky eastern shore, the so-called Axenstrasse.
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.