
This page is part of an mirror of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
This website is devoted to the science of vexillology (the study of flags).
All illustrations presented on this website serve exclusively to provide information in the context of vexillology.
The authors and hosts of this site explicitly distance themselfes from any symbols of unconstitutional organizations that may be depicted here.
Last modified: 2025-02-22 by martin karner
Keywords: les planchettes | chevron | number: 1812 |
Links: FOTW homepage |
search |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
mirrors
image by Pascal Gross
Per Fess Gules and Argent a chevron of the Second and on the Argent a date 1812 Sable.
Christopher Southworth
1812 refers to the date of formation of the commune.
Pascal Gross, 26 May 2000
From the communal website: "The date 1812 inscribed on the coat of arms corresponds to the year in which the parish was established as a 'commune body' and the act establishing the commune was signed on May 25, 1812. The red 'triangle' on the coat of arms is not a triangle proper, it is formed by two white chevrons, this because the commune of Planchettes had many forests and was the main supplier of wood to the region's sawmills. The rafter is a piece of wooden framework, the main element of roofs which holds the tiles. The name 'Les Planchettes' etymologically comes from the word 'plateau', because the town which starts from the edge of the Doubs and goes up to Pouillerel, is made up of a succession of cultivated plateaus (ploughed or mown) also called 'planches' (moreover we find the name 'planchette' in many places), and as these trays are small, they were called 'planchettes', and the name stuck for the commune."
Advertisement:
Bei Fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an hochwertigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: