Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de


Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs, Quebec (Canada)

Capitale-Nationale

Last modified: 2020-05-12 by rob raeside
Keywords: quebec | saint-aimé-des-lacs |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs, Quebec] image by Olivier Touzeau, 17 April 2020
See also:

Description of the flag

White flag with emblem in front of the seat of the municipality
https://www.msn.com/fr-ca/actualites/faits-divers/la-sq-intervient-pour-un-conseiller-municipal-agressif-dans-charlevoix/ar-BBX0fco
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/%C3%89difice_municipal_Saint-Aim%C3%A9-des-Lacs.JPG
Olivier Touzeau, 17 April 2020

The municipality of Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs was established by a Decree signed on 7 September 1949 by Jean Bruchési, Undersecretary of the Quebec Province, and promulgated on 30 September 1949.
The region was settled in the 1820, originally around Lake Sainte-Marie, aka Petit Lac (Smaller Lake). Saint-Aimé was incorporated around 1855 to the parish of Sainte-Agnès; the inhabitants of the canton of De Sales complained about the remoteness of the church. To solve the issue, the parish priest of Sainte-Agnès encouraged in 1941 the erection of a chapel near the Smaller Lake. The inhabitants of De Sales obtained in 1935 the erection of a separate municipality, while the parishes of Saint-Aimé des Lacs and Notre-Dame-des-Monts were established in 1942 and 1947, respectively. There were eventually two municipalities (Sainte-Agnès and De Sales) and three parishes (Sainte-Agnès, De Sales and Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs), which prompted to the separation of the municipality and parish of Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs.

A mica mine was discovered at the end of the 19th century near Lake Pieds-des-Monts. The mine was exploited from 1893 to 1914 by the Canadian Mica Company, and, subsequently by the Canadian General Mining Company; the extracted ore was hipped by boat to Quebec and Montreal.
The Charlevoix Radium and Mining Company resumed the exploitation of the mine in 1935; activity was stopped in 1945 after the government had refused to supply electricity to the mine.

From 1920 to 1940, Lake Nairne was used as a base for floatplanes operated by the Canadian Transcontinental Company to transport postal mail to Côte-Nord (the region located on the northern shore of the estuary of the Saint-Lawrence and further northwards). On 13 April 1928, the "Bremen" aircraft piloted by Hermann Köhl, Gunther von Hühnefeld and James Fitzmaurice landed on Greenly island after a transatlantic flight. The Canadian government commissioned the Canadian Transcontinental Company to rescue the pilots. On 14 April, a Fairchild plane piloted by Louis Cuisinier, Duke Schiller and Eugène Thibault, left the Lake Nairne base to reach Greenly island after a step in Quebec. The plane brought back Fitzmaurice to Lake Nairne on 18 April.
On 17 April, a second plane piloted by Roméo Vachon and Georges Ouellet transported four journalists to the island. It was eventually found that the "Bremen" could not be repaired; the three pilots were brought back to Lake Nairne by Vachon on 26 April.

The arms of Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs feature in base a fleur-de-lis representing Quebec and in the center the church, symbolizing the heart of the village and its inhabitants.
The several lakes highlighted in the name of the municipality are represented by Lake Nairne and Lake Sainte-Marie. The water skier and the fisher emphasize the significance of tourism for the municipality.
The green trees recall that the forest has been and still is a main source of income for the municipality.
River Malbaie that borders the village is represented on the shield's right with two salmon.
In the background, the mountains are crowned by a sundown conveying an atmosphere of joy and well-being. The mountain is locally known as the Drowned Woman due to its shape, recalling a woman lying on her back. The mountain's namesake would be a young Indian woman who drowned into Lake Nairne when heading to her white lover living in a nearby hamlet.
https://www.saintaimedeslacs.ca/demographie - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 18 April 2020

[Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs, Quebec] image by Olivier Touzeau, 17 April 2020

An orange flag with the emblem can be seen inside the RCM:
https://www.lecharlevoisien.com/2019/09/18/elections-six-choses-a-regler-selon-sylvain-tremblay/
Olivier Touzeau, 17 April 2020


 
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne Spanien
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Aufnäher Flagge Estland
 in Wappenform (6,2 x 7,3 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flagge der Bretagne
 (150 x 90 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Aufnäher Flagge Kamerun
 in Wappenform (6,2 x 7,3 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Lauf-Cap Deutschland weiß Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop