Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei

Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.

This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Assesse (Municipality, Province of Namur, Belgium)

Last modified: 2007-10-20 by ivan sache
Keywords: assesse | discs: 6 (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Assesse]

Municipal flag of Assesse - Image by Arnaud Leroy, 28 July 2006

See also:

Presentation of Assesse and its villages

The municipality of Assesse (6,334 inhabitants on 1 January 2007; 7,815 ha) is located in the region of Condroz, in the middle of the triangle Namur-Ciney-Dinant. The municipality of Assesse is made since 1976 of the former municipalities of Assesse, Courrière, Crupet, Florée, Maillen, Sart-Bernard and Sorinne-la-Longue.

Assesse is the administrative center of the municipality. The village developed along the road Namur- Luxembourg (today N4) and the railway built in 1850. Several of the houses of the village were made in limestone in the XVIIIth century. The chapel of the hamlet of Mianoye is known at least since the XVth century.
Courrière is made of the former feudal domain of Courrière and the hamlet of Trieu d'Avillon, which are separated by the N4 road. The St. Quentin church in Petit-Courrière has kept a tower with Romanesque foundations. The farm-castle, from the XVIIth century, is being restored by the Federation of Catholic Scouts.
Crupet is member of the "Association of the Most Beautiful Villages in Wallonia". The village has kept its donjon (XIIth century), the St. Martin church (XIIth century), an old linen and ancient mills (there were six active watermills in the XIXth century). In 1549, Crupet and its castle were transferred to Jean de Carondelet, who had married Anne, Dame of Crupey and Wavremont in 1537. The family kept Crupet until 1629, when the last heir of the Carondelet family married Maximilien Antoine de Merode, Count of Monfort, lord of Ham-sur-Heure, Marquis of Deinze and Baron of Duffel.
Florée is rural village, whose church is one of the oldest in the region; the lower part of its tower, used in the past as a shelter by the villagers, is dated from the XIth century. The Monks' Farm was built in the XVIIIth century by the abbey of Grand Pré and has been little modified since then.
Maillen is the largest village of Assesse and probably the oldest one, since remains of several Gallo-Roman villas were excavated near the village. The archeological findings from Maillen are shown in the Archeological Museum of Namur.
Sart-Bernard is located close to Greater Namur but still a village, though. The Court Farm was named after the justice court which met there in the XIIth century.
Sorinne-la-Longue, in the past ran by the Provostship of Poilvache, was known in the past for its limestone quarries, abandoned long ago and today colonized by woods. The Cratch source, said to heal eye diseases, was recently popularized by the eponymous beer promoted by a local brotherhood.


Ivan Sache, 28 July 2006

Municipal flag of Assesse

The municipal flag of Assesse is blue with a yellow bend and three yellow disc in each half of the flag, placed 2 + 1 in the upper half and 1 + 2 in the lower half.
According to Armoiries communales en Belgique. Communes wallonnes, bruxelloises et germanophones, the flag was adopted by the Municipal Council on 1 April and 19 June 2000, with the following description:
Bleu chargé d'une laize diagonale descendante jaune accompagnée de six besants jaunes rangés de part et d'autre respectivement 2 et 1 et 1 et 2.
The flag is a banner of the municipal arms. These arms belonged to the family of Carondelet, owner of Crupet from 1549 to 1629.

Arnaud Leroy, Pascal Vagnat & Ivan Sache, 28 July 2006

Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.

Bei erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel:
Fahne Kroatien
 (150 x 90 cm) in der Qualität Sturmflagge Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Flaggen-Pin Ukraine Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Tisch-Flagge Dubai Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Aufnäher Flagge Fiji / Fidschi
 (8,5 x 5,5 cm) Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop Fahne Tunesien
 (150 x 90 cm) Basic-Qualität Flagge Flaggen Fahne Fahnen kaufen bestellen Shop