Bestellen Sie Ihre Fahnen / Flaggen im Flaggen-Shop bei fahnenversand.de
Diese Website beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Der Hoster dieser Seite distanziert sich ausdrücklich von jedweden hierauf u.U. dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
This is a mirror of a page that is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.
Anything above the previous line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Berisso District (Buenos Aires Province, Argentina)
Partido de Berisso
Last modified: 2015-07-28 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: berisso (juan bautista) | partido de berisso | hortel (marilina) |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
image by Fernando Bollana of Banderas Rapi Arte, 25 Jan 2005
About the district
The district of Berisso is located next to the Río de la Plata and the City of La Plata, capital of the Province of Buenos Aires. It is 138 Km² and it had 80,092 inhabitants in the last census (2001).
June 24, 1871 is considered the date of foundation of the city of Berisso, because that day the Saladero (salting house for curing meat) San Juan started its activities. However the district was officially created in 1957. The name Berisso honors Juan Bautista Berisso the founder of the salting house that gave origin to the city and district.
Francisco Gregoric, 10 Apr 2008
Description of the flag
According to information in the official municipal website, a contest for the flag of Berisso was held in 2003. Four finalists were selected and a vote by Berisso neighbors was organized in the municipal gym. The winner flag was designed by a young girl, Marilina Hortel. The flag was first raised on December 5, 2003.
The elements of the flag have the following meaning:
Meaning of the colors:
- Funnels or chimneys are the symbol of a city where refrigerators were one of the most important economical activities performed by recent arrived immigrants.
- The ship symbolizes the immigrants that arrived to the Berisso region.
- The Sun, is a symbol of a raising city that shines to all of its citizens.
- The shape of the rays of the sun is a representation of ornaments used in many houses and buildings becoming a tradition in the architecture of the area.
Francisco Gregoric, 22 Apr 2008
- Red: stands for everything created by the man and connected with the principles of life, force and energy.
- Yellow: stands for the characteristic connotations of the city: active, radiant and expansive.
- Blue: symbolizes the solemn depth that stirs up a favorable predisposition.
this line was not added by the editor of this page.
Anything below the following line isnt part of the Flags of the World Website and was added by the hoster of this mirror.
Bei fahnenversand.de erhalten Sie eine Vielzahl an günstigen Flaggen, Pins und Aufnähern, zum Beispiel: