Last modified: 2013-04-04 by peter hans van den muijzenberg
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 4 January 2004
This College was founded in 1958 in Buga.
Its flag is horizontally divided yellow-white-green.
Source: <www.gcv.edu.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 4 January 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 30 December 2008
Translation from Universidad del Valle (Cali, Valle del Cauca)
"The Valle University adopts a flag design possing as a basic feature a great symbolic force, giving red as a representative color. The flag design shows three equalsized vertical bars, in order: red, white, red; representing the three basic activities of the University: Teaching, Research and Extension. In the central white bar the Logo is placed in red. The flag must be used in every important events for the University as one of its representative symbols".
Carlos Thompson, 27 May 2003
The logo of the university, shown on the flag, is presented on
website as follows. "The logo is inscribed in a perfect
square with an inner structure made of nine square modules
forming the symbolic element "UV", which appears
inverted in relation with the square and colour scheme in which
it is inscribed.
The logo is complemented in its lower part by the name of the institution, in Helvetica Bold font, placed above a thin red horizontal stripe aimed at forming a stable, vertical rectangle."
Ivan Sache, 30 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
"Colegio Bilingüe de Valledupar" is located in Valledupar (Cesar Department).
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is horizontally divided blue-white-red. The colors represents Valledupar, England and the USA, as well as the two official languages of the institute, English and Spanish.
The flag is indeed the same as the flag of Valledupar.
Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 15 November 2010
Escuela Urbana de Varones Mariano Ospina Rodríguez, located in Chinácota
(Department of Norte de Santander), was founded, as Escuela Pública de Varones ,
on 29 January 1908 by Eliseo Delgado and Antonio Bautista. In 1913, the
Municipal Council (Decree No. 5) granted a plot where the new Escuela Modelo de
Varones would be built and the required funding; the new building was
inaugurated on 10 January 1914. Subsequently changed to Escuela de Varones No.1.
(1931) and Grupo de Varones Antonio Ricaurte (1942), the name of the institute
was restored to Escuela Modelo de Varones in 1952. In 1960, it was renamed for
President of the Republic Mariano Ospina Rodríguez (1857-1861), whose government
supported educational institutes in Colombia.
The flag of Escuela Urbana de Varones Mariano Ospina Rodríguez is described on the institute's website as horizontally divided light blue-white-green, with dimensions 1.50 m x 1.75 (that is, proportions 6:7). Light blue means the nobleness of the children's' spirit and triggers reflection, and evokes as well the immensity of the sky and the sea. Considered as a cold color, blue keeps a strong force, tranquillity and freshness that pushes to the background the negative feelings of sadness, depression and loneliness. White, the color of the central stripe, symbolizes the purity of the children's' spirit, evoking both the children and their teachers; it is also the symbol of peace. Green, the color of the third stripe, means hope that the alumni will be future contributors of a new, better homeland. Designed by Alicia Rubio de Durán, Edgar Emiro Lemus, Hermelina Buitrago de Camacho and Nancy Camacho Buitrago, the flag was hoisted for the first time on 11 November 1989, during the opening ceremony of the celebration of the Diamond Jubilee of the institute.
Ivan Sache, 15 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 08 July 2011
"Institución Educativa Versalles" (INEVE) originates in "Liceo Anexo
Versalles", a secondary seat of "Liceo Tomás O. Eastman" founded on 15 March
1974 (Decree No. 352) in the village of Versalles, Santa Bárbara (Antioquia
Department). Subsequently known as "Concentración Educativa Versalles", the
institute was renamed in 1996 "Colegio Versalles". It took its current name on
25 October 2002.
The flag of INEVE is described on the institute's website as horizontally divided blue-white-green.Blue means nobleness, loyalty, watch, as well as the highest sky above the mountains.White means purity, integrity, obedience, firmness, watch, eloquence, innocence and virginity, as well as the clouds covering the mountains and separating the sky from the green mountains. Green represents hope, abundance, liberty, faith, friendship, service and respect, as well as the local vegetation and agriculture.
The symbols (flag and emblem) were designed by Juan Carlos Cardona Corrales, Willian Fernando Cardona Corrales, Marco Aurelio Castañeda Suaza, Luz Mery Corre Quirama (d.), Dora Luz Quintero Serna and Martha Elcy Rios Rendon. The symbols (including the anthem) were officially inaugurated in October 1986.
Ivan Sache, 08 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 7 January 2009
"Colegio Eucarístico de Bogotá 'Villa Guadalupe'"
was founded on 20 January 1941 by nuns of the congregation of the
Mercederian Sisters of the Blessed Sacrement led by Mother María
de la Eucaristía Carmona. Founded on 20 March 1910 in Mexico
City by María del Refugio Aguilar Torres, Guadalupe Hernández
and María Olivares as "School of the Blessed
Sacrament", the congregation was canonically approved on 12
November 1922 by the archbishop of Mexico City as "Sisters
for the Blessed Sacrament Apostolate", and eventually
approved on 22 July 1948 by Papal "decretum laudis",
under its present name. The congregation has today 60 houses, 7
of them being located in Colombia.
The flag of the institute, as shown and described on the website of the institute, "to be used with elegance and pride during the community events", is horizontally divided white-dark red ("vino tinto", lit., "red wine").
White represents purity, reflecting an ideal of virtue and integrity, to be reached through rectitude, honesty and loyalty.
Dark red represents a deep meaning of Eucharist (as the wine shared by Jesus with the disciples during the Last supper) : sacrifice and love to get liberation through solidarity.
Ivan Sache, 7 January 2009
"Escuola Normal Superior de Villavicienco" was
created on 20 December 1955 by the National Intendance of Meta
(Decree No. 321) as "Escuela Normal Rural de Meta Santa
Teresita del Niño Jesus".
The flag of the institute, according to a photo shown on the presentation leaflet of the institute, is horizontally divided white- red with the emblem of the institute in the middle.
The emblem of the institute, a white disk with a grey outline and a thicker red border, shows two open hands surmonted by a torch "going through" an open book. The base of the torch is charged with three interlaced yellow, blue and red rings. The name of the institute is written in red capital letters in the upper part of the disk. The emblem shown on the flag shows minor difference with the emblem shown graphically on the leaflet.
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 10 November 2010
Colegio Vicente Azuero, based in Floridablanca (Department of Santander), was
created on 12 February 1979 by Decree No. 012. By Decree No. 12461 of 28 October
2002, Instituto Juan Pablo I, Instituto Andres Bello and Instituto Rio Frio were
incorporated to Colegio Vicente Azuero, which was renamed Colegio Técnico
Vicente Azuero. The institute is named for the Colombian lawyer, politician and
journalist Vicente Azuero Plata (1787-1844).
The flag of Colegio Técnico Vicente Azuero, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is blue with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the emblem of the institute.
The emblem of Colegio Técnico Vicente Azuero is made of a shield with a white triangle pointing upwards flanked by two blue triangles pointing downwards, charged with the white writing "VICENTE" (left) and "AZUERO" (right). The white triangle is charged with a silhouette seemingly wearing a toga, standing on a yellow book or stand, and the black writing "FLORIDABLANCA". The shield is surmonted by a white scroll charged with the black writing "COLEGIO TECNICO". Another white scroll placed below the shield is charged with the black writing "SABIDURIA" (left, "Knowledge") / "LIBERTAD" (right, "Liberty").
Ivan Sache, 10 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 7 November 2004
The Instituto Virrey Solis was founded in Bucaramanga on 3
February 1941 by members of the Franciscan Community. Its goal
was to provide poor children with a religious, moral and material
education. The first director of the Instituto was Friar Emilio
Bautista Lozano (1941-1944). The flag of the Colegio is
horizontally divided yellow-red with the coat of arms of the
Colegio in the middle. Yellow and green are the colours of the
municipal flag of Bucaramanga. Yellow stands for the treasures of
knowledge, science, feelings and values. Green stands for the
hope that the youth educated in the Colegio will build a new
society mainly based on justice and peace; green also staznds for
the love of nature, the legacy of the patron saints of the
ecologists, St. Francis of Assise. The crown above the shield
stands for the man who gave his name to the Collegio, the Virrey
Solis (the Sun Vice-Roy?), and symbolizes leadership. The collar
surrounding the shied has three knots symbolizing the three vows
of obedience, poverty and chastity done by the members of the
community that rules the Colegio. Over a background with the
colours of our flag (yellow and green), the cross symbolizes the
Christian denomiunation of the Colegio. An arm holding a torch
appears from the bottom of the shield, expression learning,
knowledge and enlightment. The scroll below the shield bears the
Colegio's motto Virtud y Ciencia (Virtue and Science),
which are the basis of the education in the Colegio. The anthem
of the Colegio has its third stanza dedicated to the flag of the
Collegio: "Como un campo de esmeralda que la aurora
en luz bano, verde y oro, sacro emblema nuestra ruta ilumino.
verde y oro! flota altivo Nuestro fúlgido pendón: Esperanza y
luz del cielo que ilumina el corazón!" (Like a field
of emeralds Bathed in the light of dawn, Green and gold, sacred
emblem illuminate our way Green and gold! May our ? banner flay:
Hope and light of the sky Which illuminate the heart!).
Ivan Sache, 7 November 2004