Last modified: 2012-11-15 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 29 January 2009
"Institución Educativa 'Gabriel Garcia Márquez'"
is located in the borough of Marruecos, Municipality of Corozal,
Department of Sucre. The institute is named after the writer
Gabriel Garcia Márquez (b. 1927), awarded the Nobel Prize in
Literature in 1982.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-green. White represent our dreams and green our hope in a better future.
Ivan Sache, 29 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 03 July 2011
"Escuela Normal Superior de Gachetá" originates in a girls' institute founded
in 1932 in Gachetá (Cundinamarca Department) by Abdón López Ayala, the parish
priest. In 1956, the institute was renamed "Escuela Normal de La Presentación".
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is horizontally divided yellow-green.
Ivan Sache, 03 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
The College was founded in 1997 in Ipiales, Narino department.
Its flag is horizontally divided yellow-blue with a white
triangle placed along the hoist.
Source: <www.voluntad.com.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 01 October 2012
The Colegio Departamental "General Pedro José Sarmiento" was established in
Socha by the Decree of 22 November 1961. In 1976, the institute was renamed
Instituto Integrado Nacionalizado "Pedro José Sarmiento" by Decree no. 594.
Decree No. 306 of 15 February 2002 renamed it Colegio “Pedro José Sarmiento”.
General Pedro José Sarmiento was President of the Boyacá Department in the late
Source: http://colegiopjs.es.tl/ - Institute's website
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white-green.
Source: http://www.socha-boyaca.gov.co/apc-aa-files/33383463363735336232333366366365/SIMBOLOS_DE_LA_INSTITUCION_1.pdf - Socha official website
Ivan Sache, 01 October 2012
image by Ivan Sache, 6 November 2010
Colegio General Santander, founded in 1940 and renamed for a few years as
Colegio Telmo Acevedo Ardila, is the oldest official educational institute in
the Department of Arauca. Originally intended for boys only, the institute was
opened to girls in 1968; it caters today some 1,300 alumni.
The flag of Colegio General Santander, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is horizontally divided bright yellow-green. Bright yellow represents wealth, ripe fruit and solar light. Green represents emerald, the fabulous gem that is the pride of Colombia, and silent beauty. The same colors are used on the institute's coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 6 November 2010
"Colegio Departamental 'Gilberto Álzate
Avendaño'" was founded on 4 November 1992 in the
borough of Villa Bolivar, Municipality of Villaviciencio,
Department of Meta. Classes started on 22 February 1993. The
institute is named after Dr. Gilberto Álzate Avendaño
(1910-1960), lawyer, Conservative politician, Senator and
Ambassador of Colombia in Spain.
The symbols of the institute, as described on the website of the institute, were approved in 1996 by the founding teachers and administrators of the institute, led by Rector Nahin Manosalva Arevalo.
The flag is green-blue-white, the arrangement of the colours being unspecified in the text.
Green, a symbol of balance and level-headedness, invites to move forwards, recalls the relation with the natural environment and the immensity of the plains. It is also a symbol of youth, friendship and good fellowship.
Blue represents the sky above the plains, intelligence, truth and knowledge of the students.
White represents the students' innocence and tranquillity.
Ivan Sache, 5 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
"Colegio Campester Goyavier" was inaugurated on 5 February 2000 in Ruitoque
Bajo, Floridablanca (Santander Department). "Goyavier" means "to come to God
through arts and science". The word also includes the name of one of the most
famous painters, Francisco José de Goya, the precursor of modern European
A photo available on the institute's website shows a self-portrait by Goya flanked by the national flag of Colombia and the flag of the institute, horizontally divided orange-yellow-green. "Light chromium orange" represents wisdom and knowledge. "Naples yellow" represents the growth and maturation of the human being in all his dimensions: affective, cognitive, physical, spiritual and social. Green represents the process of development of the students.
Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 15 December 2008
"Liceo de Guilford" is located in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute is vertically divided blue-white-green, the white stripe being wider than the two others, with the emblem of the institute in the middle. The emblem of the institute is made of a white shield "charged" with a green tree and the blue letters "LdG"; the name of the institute is written in white letters on a blue scroll placed below the shield.
The flag is shown on a photograph available on the institute's website, together with the flags of Colombia and Bogotá.
Ivan Sache, 15 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 5 February 2009
"Unidad Educativa 'Gustavo Villa Díaz'" was founded
in 1972, as "Colegio 'Henry García Bohórquez'", in
Arauca, Department of Arauca. Renamed "Colegio 'Gustavo
Villa Díaz'" on 23 February 1981, the institute was
transferred from the Police department to the municipality of
Arauca on 4 August 2000.
The institute is named after its founder, the policeman and educator Gustavo Villa Díaz (1944-1980).
The flag of the institute, as described on the website of the institute, is divided white-olive green by the descending diagonal.
White represents peace, purity and greatness of the institute, expressed via tenderness and work.
Olive green represents the immensity of the plains and the aspiration to progress of the students.
The flag is shown as a shield charged with a torch and a book in the white and green fields, respectively, on the emblem of the institute.
Ivan Sache, 5 February 2009