Last modified: 2012-01-20 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 6 January 2009
"Colegio CEDID San Pablo" was founded in 1988 in
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided yellow-light blue-white.
Ivan Sache, 6 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 14 Febuary 2004
CEIPA is the 'Centro de Investigacion y Planeamiento
Administrativo'. It was founded in Medellin in 1972 by Antonio
Mazo Mejia and his wife. In 1992, the CEIPA was granted the
status of Universitary Foundation.
The flag of CEIPA is yellow, for excellence, with two thin white stripes, for transparency required for excellence in business, in the upper and lower parts of the flag, and the shield of the institute in the middle.
The shield of CEIPA is U-shaped, for University. The symbol placed on the shield was used in the Middle Ages by merchants. The four arrows symbolize the four compass directions, in which commerce should spread, whereas the moon crescents and stars are symbols of business. This medieval symbol was selected to recall that both business and university concepts date back to the Middle Ages.
Source: <virtual.ceipa.edu.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 14 Febuary 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 3 Febuary 2009
"Liceo 'Celedón'" was founded in Santa Marta,
Department of Magdalena, on 24 November 1905 (Decree No. 118).
Named after Rafael Celedón (1833-1902)), appointed Bishop of Santa Marta in 1891, the institute was declared "National Monument" on 17 December 1993 (National Decree No. 2529).
The flag of the institute, as described on the website of the institute, is made of the two colours white and green. The arrangement of the stripe is not detailed. The emblem of the institute designed by Diomedez Varas shows on the shield's right a flag horizontally divided green-white-green, presented as "a flag, green and white symbolizing peace and hope".
White represents purity of heart and mind.
Green represents hope, strength and energy dedicated to study.
Ivan Sache, 3 Febuary 2009
The Universidad Central flag has two versions:
one is a white horizontal flag with the logo (without inscription), and the
second version is the same horizontal white background with the logo in the
middle plus the University's name below in black capital letters.
The flag can be seen in the following picture. (First flag from left to right. Picture taken on June 2011 during a speech by current Colombian Ombudsman Alejandro Ordóñez)
The Logo of the University is described here. For further information go to: Universidad Central (official website)
Esteban Rivera, 06 June 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 10 January 2009
Dr. Jesús Casas Manrique founded "Liceo Infantil"
in 1934 in Bogotá. The institute was renamed in 1937 "Liceo
de Cervantes", as a tribute to the founder's father, Dr.
José Joaquín Casas, who was found of the Spanish culture and,
especially, of the writer Cervantes. The modern grounds of the
institute were built in 1944; in 1949, the founder of the
institute transfered it to Augustinian fathers, only requiring
that the name of the institute would not be changed.
The flag of the institute, as graphically shown and described on the website of the institute, is quartered yellow-red, the colours of Spain and Bogotá.
It appears that the previously reported flag is wrong.
Ivan Sache, 10 January 2009
Previously reported flag
image by Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
The flag of the College is square, horizontally divded
yellow-red-yellow, with the emblem of the college in the middle.
Source: <www.voluntad.com.co> (defunct), located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
"Universidad CES", founded on 5 July 1977 in
Medellín, was recognized as an university by the Ministry of
National Education on 22 March 2007 (Decree No. 1371).
CES offers programs in Biology, Law, Physiotherapy, Biomedical Engineering, Medicine, Odontology, Psychology, Veterinary and Zootechny.
The flag of CES, as described on the CES website, is blue and white. Blue represents tranquillity, confidence, harmony and the sense of responsability. White represents integrity, strength, purity and vigilance.
The arrangement of the colours is not given.
Ivan Sache, 20 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 5 November 2010
Colegio Cesar Conto, founded in August 1965 in Cali, caters today 1,400
students. The institute is named after the poet and Liberal politician César
Conto (1836-1891), President of the Sovereign State of the Valle del Cauca in
The flag of the institute is presented on the institute's website as horizontally divided blue-white. Blue represents justice, perseverance, vigilance and the sky. White represents, purity, commitment and truth.
Ivan Sache, 5 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache,
"Instituto Tecnológico del Cesar" (ITUC) was
recongnized by the Assembly of the Department of Cesar in 1973
(Decree No. 050) and inaugurated on 15 May 1973. ITUC was
transformed into "Universidad Popular del Cesar" by the
Ministry of National Education on 25 June 1993 (Decree No. 3272).
The main seat of the university is located at Valledupar; there is a secondary seat in Aguachica and presence in the municipalities of Chimichagua, Tamalameque and Maicao.
The flag of the university, as shown graphically and described on the university website, is vertically divided green-white (c. 2:1) with a green stripe in the upper corner and the emblem of the university in the middle of the white stripe.
The emblem of the university was designed by Jairo Obregón Salazar, student in Law. It is made of a diamond, black in its upper part and blue with a yellow sun in its lower part, placed on a red device, surrounded by two laurel branches. The name of the university is written in black letters above the emblem, while its motto, "Educación y Futuro" ("Education and Future"), is written in black letters under the emblem.
The diamond represents the university, permanently irradiating light on the vast field of knowledge. Blue represents the transparency of the sky and the revealed truth, while black represents darkness and ignorance. The sun recalls Prometheus stealing a sun ray to show the truth to mankind. Laurel has always been associated to culture and was also used to crown the Greek heroes and Roman emperors.
Ivan Sache, 28 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
Colegio Champagnat - 2:3 (by default) flag, horizontally
divided light blue-white. The flag is shown on <www.voluntad.com.co>,
located by Dov Gutterman. The flag is a symbol of life
and grace, placed under Mary's protection. White stands for power
and purity (state of grace). Blue stands for wisdom and infinity.
Blue has been used as Mary's color in religious iconography for the Middle Ages. White is of course the colour of virginity.
Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
image by Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009
A first boys' education institute was founded on 5 October
1908 by Marist Brothers in Sibundoy, Department of Putumayo.
"Normal de Varones de Sibundoy" was created on 6 May
1962 and superseded in 1969 by "Collegio de Bachillerato
Masculino 'Champagnat'". The institute is named after St.
Marcellin Champagnat (1789-1840, canonized in 1999), the founder
of the Marist Order.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-yellow.
Blue means the presence of the Blessed Virgin in the institute and represents the Marist community.
White represents peace and justice.
Yellow represents our intellectual resources.
Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 5 November 2010
The flag of Instituto Chmpagnat de Pasto, as shown graphically on the
institute's website, is horizontally divided light blue-white - the traditional
Marian and Marist colors, here identified to "the cloak and purity of the
Blessed Virgin" - with the emblem of the institute in the middle.
The emblem of the institute is described as "a [yellow] cartouche in the heraldic Greco-Roman style, with the name of CHAMPAGNAT [blue letters] on top and the motto "Semper maoira conari" [black letters], the Latin for "Always aspire to the best"; the central [white oulined in blue] shield is [diagonally] divided into two parts, with the Marist "M" monogram on top and the torch, symbolizing courage and light, and the open book, symbolizing knowledge, science and study, on bottom[all in blue]."
Ivan Sache, 5 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 4 November 2010
Colegio Champagnat de Popayan was founded in 1932 by the Marist Brothers, who
had settled in Popayan in 1889. The institute is named after St. Marcellin
Champagnat (1789-1840, canonized in 1999), the founder of the Marist Order.
The flag of the institute is described on the Colegio Champagnat's website as horizontally divided light blue-white-yellow (2:1:1). White and light blue are the traditional Marian and Marist colors; white and yellow are the colors of the Holy See. Moreover, white represents ultimate purity, chastity, innocence; yellow represents light, wisdom, enlightenment and peace; blue represents the Earth, calm, God's will, force, power and divine protection.
Ivan Sache, 4 November 2010
UDCA ("Universidad de Ciencias Aplicadas y
Ambientales" - University of Applied and Environmental
Sciences) succeeded on 22 November 1995 (Decree No. 5446 of the
Ministry of National Education), as a university,
"Corporación Universitaria de Ciencias Aplicadas y
Ambientales" (University Corporation of Agronomic Sciences,
UDCA), recognized on 22 November 1995 (Decree No. 5446 of the
Ministry of National Education), which itself had succeeded
"Corporación Universitaria de Ciencias Agropecuarias"
(University Corporation of Agronomic Sciences), recognized on 20
May 1983 (Decree No. 7392 of the Ministry of National Education).
The flag of UDCA, as shown graphically and described on the UDCA website, is horizontally divided orange-dark green, the two fields being separated by a thin white stripe, with the emblem of UDCA in the middle. Orange and green represent the applied and environmental sciences, respectively, while the white stripe represents the horizon.
The emblem of UDCA shows the green allegory of Wisdom, captioned, in Latin, "SAPIENTIA", surrounded by an orange ring charged with the letters "U.D.C.A." in green. The emblem is surrounded by a white ring outlined in orange, charged with the name of the university and "BOGOTA / COLOMBIA", all in green. Orange represents joy, energy, interaction, quality and knowledge. Green represents balance, sustainability, the natural environment, calm and freshness.
This new emblem keeps the colours and meaning of the old one, but with increased intensity, strngth and expression.
Ivan Sache, 27 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 28 January 2009
"Colegio 'Clemencia de Caicedo'" was created in 1967
by the Federal District of Bogotá (Decree No. 1667), succeeding
the girls' section of "Colegio Nacional Restrepo
Millán", founded the same year (Decree No. 1124).
The institute is named after Clemencia de Caicedo (also written Caycedo), who founded in 1770 in Santa Fé de Bogotá "Convento de La Enseñanza", the first girls' school in the town, today "Colegio La Enseñanza".
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-emerald green. Emerald green represents hope.
Ivan Sache, 28 January 2009