Last modified: 2011-12-30 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: magdalena | el banco |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 4 August 2008
El Banco (river bank) is a municipality located in the
southern most part of the Magdalena by the Magdalena River. It
was founded on 2 February 1680.
The flag of El Banco is horizontally divided yellow-white-green.
Source: municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 4 August 2008
Translated from municipal
"The flag of the municiplaity of El Banco, approved by Decree No. 022 in 1991, is made of three equalhorizontal stripes, from top to bottom, yellow, white and green.
Yellow represents the resources of our region and the intelligence of its inhabitants.
The colour of the landscape submitted to permanent, scorching heath, with temperatures sometimes reaching 40 °C in the shade, white symbolizes peace [...]
Green means aspiration to a better future."
Ivan Sache, 12 August 2008
image from municipal web site